I am an electrician. How do I apply for a Utility Authorization Number (UAN) and what information do I need?

You need to apply for a UAN prior to the start of all electrical work you plan to do in Reading, North Reading, Wilmington or Lynnfield Center. The electrician must call RMLD at 781-942-6598.

The following information is required:

  • customer’s name
  • customer’s address
  • service information of property where work will be performed (overhead or underground, amperage, etc.)
  • electrician’s name
  • electrician’s phone number
  • electrician's email address
  • electrician’s license number
  • electrician’s mailing address (copy of UAN application will be sent to the electrician).


View All "Service" FAQ's    |    Return to FAQ's Homepage