Solar Choice Replacing Green Choice
As of September 1st, RMLD's Green Choice Program has been replaced with a new Community Shared Solar (CSS) program to be called Solar Choice. CSS projects allow customers who cannot install solar panels on their own home the opportunity to share in the benefits from a large solar system installed within the RMLD service territory. It is estimated that participating customers who sign up for the Solar Choice program could cut their electric bill by as much as $300 over a ten-year period. Please consider our Solar Choice program; it's a great way to save money while supporting clean, renewable solar power generated right here in our own towns!
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 781-942-6598 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Community Shared Solar?
- Can anyone sign up for Solar Choice?
- Solar Choice is limited to the first 500 customers who sign up.
- What is the cost to me?
- During the first year of the program the cost is $5/month. This will be a separate line item on your monthly bill. At month 13, it is estimated that the average Solar Choice rate will be a credit of approximately $3 or $4 per month; i.e., from that point on your monthly electric bill will be reduced by about $3 or $4. (See Solar Choice Financial Summary)
- Why am I being charged for Solar Choice?
- The $5 monthly charge is approximately the difference in cost between the Solar Purchase Power Agreement and the projected monthly Fuel Charge.
- What is the projected return on investment (ROI)?
- Based on current estimations, at Year 10 the projected return is about $300. The break-even point is estimated to be during Year 3.
- What are the terms?
- The Solar Choice Program term is 10 years.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- There are limits to cancelling or withdrawing from the program. You can cancel when you are moving out of the territory or during an enrollment period. We require a 30-day notice for removal from the program. Based on current estimates, the Solar Choice is forecasted to be a credit beginning in year 2 for the remainder of the term.
- What is the difference between RMLD’s Solar Choice and Net Metered Solar Programs?
- The Net Metered Solar Program is for customers who choose to purchase, install and operate solar generation equipment on their property.
- The Solar Choice Program is a Community Shared Solar program for customers who opt to share the benefits/risks of a large solar array installed within the RMLD service territory without incurring the capital cost of installation.
- Where is the solar array located?
- The solar array(s) will be installed at a commercial/municipal location within RMLD’s service territory. The initial array is located at 326 Ballardvale Street, Wilmington, MA
- Bill Presentation
- Energy Programs
- Good Neighbor Newsletter
- Homeowner Responsibility
- How to Read Your Bill
- Information for Builders, Electricians and Customers
- Net Metering Form
- Payment Locations
- Payment Options
- RMLD Electric Service Requirements Handbook
- Residential Audit Request Form
- Sign up for Service
- Solar Choice Program